Loro and I (and his parents) moved from Puerto Rico to Wisconsin in May of this year. (Mind you, I had just moved from Florida to Wisconsin in February of this year, but that's another story.) Moving and starting over is a challenge in itself but it was to be expected when we got here.
We got here and didn't have a mode of reliable transportation (didn't get one until three months after we got here). When it was time to look for a job, I wanted something easy to get to and that would work around my school schedule. A great and beneficial opportunity opened up and I jumped to start. Everything started off good and had my orientation at the end of May.
Sadly, the good start ended right there. I was put on hold because of paperwork and authorizations. Every time I called the office, the reply I got was "We're still waiting on the authorization. The authorization is still pending." This literally went on for the entire month of June and July. August came and I was starting to get really frustrated. I called just about every other day and got the same reply. Finally, someone told me that the paperwork was filled out incorrectly (not my fault) and had to be resent. I had to wait longer. The whole time I waited, I was told I would get some type of back pay while doing the work even though I hadn't officially started yet.
So I waited the whole month of August and September. There was still no update and the reply was always the same. Until yesterday, I finally got the call that the authorization had been approved and I could come in today at 2pm to get started. I was excited to finally be apart of the working class again.
Then today, I got a call around 11:30 am to not come in because my application had been thrown out because the process took too long. I have to do the 2 hour orientation over and retake the TB test. To top it all off, I would NOT be getting back pay for any work I did in the last four months. -_-
I wanted to flip the
So now, I have orientation tomorrow and supposed to start on Monday. I promise one thing though, if it doesn't kick in immediately this time. I am not wasting another minute with this company. Trust.
1 comment:
Wow what a crazy experience! I hope it goes through for you for real this time. That would drive me nuts too. Loving the layout, color scheme and topics here :) keep the posts comin ;)
Post a Comment