I've been hit with a case of baby fever again. Now is NOT the time to have baby fever.
It's really a come and go thing. My heart aches to be a mommy but now it just not the time. 3 big reasons: Loro and I aren't married (Like most, I was raised that babies come after marriage. Sure it's 2011 and things "happen" but I'm not going to get into that discussion) we're not living on our own and we aren't financially stable.
It feels like many of my friends (or rather acquaintances) that I went to school or church with have all had babies. I feel like the odd woman out.
I'm 28 and feel like I'm running out of time. It gets to be somewhat of a heavy discussion with me and my boyfriend and I knew from the beginning that he wasn't ready to have kids yet (eventually he does, just not yet). Of course I'd like to be more settled before we have a baby - I just wish I could fast forward time to when we are settled, I have my career, our house and we're married.
1 comment:
I feel you... Although I AM married and we DO have a place of our own we still feel like we should be even more settled beforehand (move closer to family and buy a house etc.). It's tough, I'll be 28 in a few weeks and have the same perspective. Everyone around me has kids and did that years ago. The right time will come, and when it does you won't even remember all the years you wished it had because you'll be so wrapped up in happiness and love it won't matter anymore :)
Post a Comment