Friday, September 9, 2011

intense topic this week

In my ethics class this week the topic is Abortion. This is one topic that I have not been looking forward to.


It's such an intense topic and I'm so thankful that these discussions won't be taking place in a physical classroom.


Since I have such a great desire to be a mother, I am pro-life (especially for myself). I firmly believe that life begins at the time of fertilization. 


Although there are those "hard cases" where a baby is conceived out of rape or incest, birth defects & selective termination or the health of the mother is at risk, with these cases it should be the mother's choice. But abortion should NOT be abused and used as a form of birth control. There is always the choice of adoption. There are several families at their who are not able to conceive their own child and they would be happy to take in that baby as their own.

I can't wait until this unit is over. 

No comments: