Saturday, November 19, 2011

Breaking Dawn Part 1! (review) Movie

Well everything worked out according to plan. My "mil" and I went to see BD together. We had our tickets in advance (thanks boo!) and she wasn't going to wait outside in the cold for a movie. So we left around 11, stopped and got a mocha frappe from McDonald's then some candy from Walgreens. We made it to theater with time to spare. Around 11:45 we headed in and went right to theatre 1. Unfortunately, we were left with crappy seats (next time we'll get there earlier for that reason). As soon as the lights dimmed, everyone cheered.

My thoughts on the movie: (possible spoilers below)
The wedding scene: it was beautiful but Bella looked to be in pain as she marched down the aisle with Charlie. That or she wanted to turn around and run for the hills.

The bedroom scene: It wasn't as inappropriate as some would have put it out to think. It left enough to the imagination and after reading the book it was portrayed nicely on screen. Bella trying to seduce Edward was hilarious.

Werewolf telepathy: Lol, I thought this part was kind of lame but they had the right idea. It was just funny because their voices sounded like a mix between talking into a fan behind a mic.


The birth scene: It was pretty gruesome but not so graphic, and not gonna lie, I may have gasped a time or two.

I grabbed my "mil's" arm when Jacob was outside crying over Bella. I was so sad for him. But then when Jacob imprinted on Reneesme, I was happy for him to finally have peace from being over Bella. 


The ending: Geesh, could it take Bella any longer to wake up? I mean really! Lol, and then the complete silence - I was so worried that I would sneeze or sniffle because EVERYONE was dead silent but finally her eyes opened and it was over. And I KNEW that it would end there. I told ya!

Overall, I was definitely impressed by the movie and it just may be my favorite of them all.

No comments: