Saturday, May 22, 2010

RANT- Lack of Closets

So living in my homestate of FL, as far back as I can remember, every house or apartment we lived in had plenty of closets. Well, that is not the case here in WI.

The first house we lived in did not have any closets. It was torture. I had to keep all of my clothes in Rubbermaid containers stacked in our room and also in suitcases in the basement. The items of memorabilia that I still had was in boxes in the basement. I did not feel like I was actually living here because all of my stuff was tucked away.

When my boyfriend's parents moved away and we moved into our own apartment, I was ecstatic because I finally had closets again.

We had a large walk-in closet in our bedroom, with plenty of shelf space as well. There was also a coat closet, a storage closet and a bathroom closet. I was able to organize everything exactly as I wanted it. I was at peace for almost a whole year.

Until we had to move out of our one bedroom apartment into a one bedroom house with an attic and a large sunroom that was converted into a "closet" with his parents. His parents have one side of the sunroom closet and I have the other. I had to purchase those portable closets, you know the ones that barely hold any clothes. Some of my clothes are in Rubbermaid containers again. At first, I was almost satisfied but not completely. Its a hassle because since it is a sunroom, half the time it is extremely cold or extremely hot. Everything is not as organized as I would want to be.

I hate not being able to be organized. I'm very picky about that - almost OCD about it. Yes, I admit there are times when things are thrown around in piles and whatnot, but when it all comes down to it. I usually know where everything is.

Now the main reason for this rant was because I had to move all of my stuff around to make room for my boyfriend's brother's rummage sale crap. Yes, my boyfriend told me first thing this morning that I needed to move my stuff around. I wanted to do it when I was ready. I guess that's what I get for procrastinating everything ends up all discombobulated.

When the temperature had dropped a bit, I went to work moving stuff around and trying to keep things organized, well that was a huge FAIL. My cheap portable so-called closets started to fall apart. When my boyfriend came to help me out, he just wanted to get things moved and out of the way so of course things got jumbled around and thrown into piles where I did not want them.

It just makes me so frustrated cause even when my stuff is moved back where I had it. I still won't be 100% satisfied. I won't be until I have a REAL closet again.

No comments: